Divine Essence Organic Frankincense Essential Oil 5ml (Somalia) Boswellia carterii
Frankincense is an aromatic resin obtained from Boswellia, a tree found in mountainous, rocky and arid parts of Asia that can grow to a height of around 10 m. Dubbed “the King of Oils”, this aromatic resin has been used in traditional Indian, Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. In ancient Egypt, Frankincense was used to embalm the dead. The resin from various species of Boswellia was also burned during sacred rituals as the smoke induced a state conducive to meditation and prayer.
Frankincense essential oil is used in aromatherapy as nerve calming and to help relieve cold and cough symptoms.
- BOTANICAL NAME Boswellia carterii
- PART OF PLANT Top grade resin
- ORIGIN Somalia
- CULTURE Organic, certified by ECOCERT® ICO
- CHEMOTYPE A PINENE
- OTHER NAME Boswellia sacra
- EXTRACTION METHOD Steam distillation
- ODOUR Resinous, woody and warm
- COLOUR Pale yellow to yellow
- NPN 80059681